Are you considering purchasing a SimpliSafe wireless security system but don’t want to pay for monthly monitoring services?
Many people are in the same position, as monitoring services can quickly add up in cost. Fortunately, it is possible to use SimpliSafe without monitoring.
In this article, we will explain how to do this and provide you with some tips to ensure your SimpliSafe system is still effective.
Can You Use SimpliSafe Without Monitoring?
Yes, you can use SimpliSafe without monitoring. SimpliSafe offers a range of security products, including cameras, door and window sensors, and motion sensors, which operate independently of the monitoring service.
The monitoring service is an optional add-on that provides you with professional monitoring and emergency response. However, you can still use the SimpliSafe system without this feature.
How to Use SimpliSafe Without Monitoring
To use SimpliSafe without monitoring, you need to follow these steps:
Purchase the SimpliSafe system: First, you need to purchase the SimpliSafe system, which includes the base station, keypad, and sensors.
Set up the system: Once you have purchased the system, you need to set it up. This involves placing the sensors around your home and connecting them to the base station.
Download the SimpliSafe app: You can download the SimpliSafe app on your smartphone, which allows you to control and monitor your system remotely.
Arm the system: You can arm the system manually by pressing the “Away” button on the keypad or using the app to arm it remotely.
Receive alerts: If any of the sensors detect motion or a door or window is opened, you will receive an alert on your smartphone.
Disarm the system: You can disarm the system by entering your PIN on the keypad or using the app to disarm it remotely.
Tips for Using SimpliSafe Without Monitoring
While you can use the SimpliSafe system without monitoring, there are some tips you should follow to ensure it is still effective:
Place the sensors strategically: To ensure the system is effective, you need to place the sensors in strategic locations around your home. For example, place a motion sensor in a hallway or living room and window and door sensors on all entry points.
Test the system regularly: It is important to test the system regularly to ensure it is working correctly. You can test the sensors by walking in front of them or opening and closing doors and windows.
Use the app to monitor your home: The SimpliSafe app allows you to monitor your home remotely, so make use of this feature. Check the app regularly to ensure everything is working as it should be.
Consider adding a siren: If you want to deter burglars, consider adding a siren to your SimpliSafe system. This will sound if any of the sensors are triggered, alerting neighbors and scaring off intruders.
While monitoring services offer additional security, it is possible to use SimpliSafe without them. By following the steps above and using the system strategically, you can still protect your home with SimpliSafe.
We hope this article has been helpful, and if you have any questions or further tips, please leave them in the comments below!
Sure, here are three popular FAQs with answers regarding using the SimpliSafe Wireless Security System without monitoring:
1) Can I use the SimpliSafe Wireless Security System without a monitoring plan?
– Yes, you can use the SimpliSafe system without a monitoring plan. However, you will not be able to receive professional monitoring services, such as emergency dispatch and SMS and email alerts.
2) Is the SimpliSafe system still effective without monitoring?
– Yes, the SimpliSafe system is still very effective even without monitoring. The system includes a loud siren and alerts you immediately through the SimpliSafe app on your phone when an alarm is triggered.
3) Can I still control my SimpliSafe system through the app without monitoring?
– Yes, you can still control your SimpliSafe system through the app even without monitoring. You can arm and disarm your system, check the status of your sensors, and control your SimpliCam (if you have one) all from the app.