Combination locks are a popular choice for securing personal belongings such as lockers, suitcases, and toolboxes. The Rolson combo lock is a reliable option that provides easy-to-use security.
However, there may be occasions where you need to reset the combination of your Rolson lock. Perhaps you forgot the original code or want to change it for added security. In this article, we will guide you through resetting your Rolson combo lock in three simple steps.
Step 1: Open the Lock
Before attempting to reset your combination, make sure that your lock is open. If it’s already locked and you don’t remember the current code, unfortunately, resetting won’t help – you’ll need to contact a locksmith.
If your lock is unlocked and ready for reconfiguration:
- Turn the dials on the front of the lock until they line up with “000” (the default factory setting)
- Push down on the shackle (the U-shaped bar) all the way
- Hold it down while turning one or more of the dials until you hear/feel a click indicating that one of them has disengaged from its previous setting (keeping track of which dial(s) this happened to can help speed things up later)
Step 2: Choose Your New Combination
With one or more dials released from their defaults after following step 1:
- Decide what new numbers/code will form your next password – do not use any consecutive string like ‘1234’
- Choosing random numbers into combinations could actually reduce hack …yay!!
Make sure to choose a memorable but secure combination – avoid using obvious codes such as birthdays or anniversary dates.
After determining what digits will comprise your new combination:
* Turn each loose dial onto right number digit by digit(don't turn left). Make sure all dials now set to your new combination
Make it unique
It’s important to choose a combination that is easy for you to remember yet hard for anyone else to guess. Consider incorporating numbers or letters that have special meaning and are not related to personal details such as birthdays, phone numbers, or addresses.
Step 3: Set the New Combination
After deciding on your new combination:
- Holding down shackle again turn each dial onto left number digit by digit until hit zero mark.
- Then release shackle holding down
That’s it! Your Rolson combo lock has been reset with the new code. To test if it’s working properly, simply lock and unlock the device using the new combination. Congratulations – you’ve successfully reset your Rolson combo lock.
Remember – taking care of securing portable devices like locks can reduce unnecessary thefts in public places!
In this article we’ve learned how simple it is to reset a keyless entry system like Rolson combo lock when its necessary .The steps presented above should help you take control of security importantly.Choosing memorable but secure combinations will make things more convenient and protect can protect property against potential thieves.
Sure! Here are 3 popular FAQs related to resetting the Rolson combo lock, along with their answers:
Q: What if I forget my current combination or can’t open my lock?
A: If you forget your current combination or cannot open your Rolson combo lock, you can reset it by following these steps:
Turn the dials to the default combination of “000.”
Use a paper clip or similar tool to press and hold the small reset button on the bottom of the lock.
Set a new combination by turning the dials to your desired numbers and release the reset button.
Q: Can I use any number for my new combination?
A: Yes, you can choose any three-digit number for your new combination that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
Q: Is there anything else I should know when resetting my Rolson combo lock?
A: It’s important to keep in mind that once you have set a new combination, it cannot be changed again unless you follow these same steps again. Also, make sure that your newly set combination works before locking up your valuables with this new code.