Smart door locks are a game-changer when it comes to home security and convenience. With so many options available on the market, choosing the right one for your needs can be overwhelming. In this ultimate guide, we’ll break down everything you need to know about smart door locks in 2021.
Key Features of Smart Door Locks
Before we dive into our top picks for smart door locks, let’s go over some key features that you should consider when choosing a smart lock:
- Connectivity: There are several ways that a smart door lock can connect to other devices and networks including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee or Z-Wave.
- Power source: Smart locks usually require power from either batteries or hardwiring.
- Compatibility: Make sure the chosen lock is compatible with both your smartphone and any other voice assistants (if applicable).
- Security measures: Look for models with excellent encryption codes that will keep hackers at bay as well as emergency backup battery/power outages up time.
Now let’s move onto our list of top recommended products!
August Smart Lock Pro
The August Smart Lock Pro is sleek yet sturdy due its solid brass construction beneath an aluminum shell. It allows users remote access via smartphones running iOS and Android OSes using WiFi connectivity thus set itself apart from other competition in terms of accessibility.
- Voice Control compatibility with Google Assistant, Alexa & Siri
- Offers Auto-lock/unlock feature based on user defined criteria
- Comes equipped with an Emergency Door Buzzer & Keypad Entry option
- Provides accurate activity tracking through logs
Yale Conexis L1
With similar design aesthetics originating from traditional locking systems embedded into doors ,the stylishly crafted Yale Conexis L1 model scores big brownie points because its integration into existing locking mechanisms makes it all more convenient.
- Easy DIY installation and no need for additional mechanic services.
- Allows remote access control through Yale Secure app on smart phones via Bluetooth connectivity or code/keypad entry
- Beautifully crafted keycard & fob compatibility
The latest in the long lineage of locks from Kwikset, the fingerprint scanner technology and overall performance of this model rungs all bells. Auto-lock/unlock feature based on proximity is also a great added convenience.
- Fingerprint Scanning Technology allows easy unlock without biometrics duplication.
- WiFi-enabled provides remote control through mobile apps (iOS/Androids)
- Wide range of accessible features can be managed using single application,
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt
Schlage has been leading in traditional locking systems and came later into smart lock game with its innovative Schlage Sense Deadbolt lineup. It integrates seamlessly with Apple HomeKit ecosystem makes it user-friendly experience for apple device users.
- Compatibility with Apple HomeKit platform allows usage via Siri voice command as well as remotely carried out mobile apps.
- Provides absolute monitoring records including timestamps, battery status, unauthorized lock/unlocks efforts
- Comes equipped with an Emergency Battery backup option even when power outage strikes
Smart door locks are rapidly becoming a popular choice among homeowners seeking to ensure home safety while adding extra layer of convenience. The aforementioned list covers some of the top options you should consider when choosing a smart door lock. Make sure you remember to take into considering your individual needs, budget constraints and level of tech-adaptability before selecting the one that works best for your home!
Sure, here are three popular FAQs related to “The Ultimate Guide to the Best Smart Door Locks in 2021” along with their answers:
Q: Can I control my smart lock with my smartphone?
A: Yes, most smart locks can be controlled remotely through a companion app on your smartphone. This allows you to lock or unlock the door from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
Q: Is it easy to install a smart door lock myself?
A: It depends on the model and your DIY skills. However, many smart locks come with step-by-step instructions that make installation easy, and some even feature tool-free designs for added convenience. That being said, if you’re not comfortable installing the device yourself, it’s always best to hire a professional locksmith.
Q: Are smart locks safe from hackers?
A: Smart locks use advanced encryption protocols and security features such as two-factor authentication and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) communication technology to prevent hacking attempts. However, no technology is completely immune from hacking or cyber attacks. To minimize this risk, it’s essential to choose reputable brands that prioritize cybersecurity and follow best practices like creating strong passwords and routinely updating your devices’ firmware.