A 3-digit lock box is a simple and convenient way to store your keys securely. They are commonly used by real estate agents, property managers or homeowners who want to provide access to their properties without having to be physically present. In this guide, we will show you how to master the 3-digit lock box in a few easy steps.
Step 1: Select Your Code
The first step is selecting a code that only you and authorized persons can remember. Follow these steps:
- Begin by setting all three numbers to ‘0’.
- Turn the knob at least two full turns counterclockwise.
- Stop when the first number shows up at the opening index line (the line where it meets with the arrow). Write down this number.
- Turn another full turn clockwise stopping when second digit appears at the opening index line and write it down too.
- Finally, turn one more time counter-clockwise until last digit lines up with arrow on top of case back
Step 2: Open The Box
Once you have set your code, open your box by turning it counterclockwise:
- Line up each of your digits in sequence on his own slot (make sure all digits/tumblers are seated properly).
2.Push down latch but don’t release pressure just yet.
3.Turn dial slowly again stop once one of digit lining w/ mark below index & repeat for all rest of digits accordingly.
4.Once complete attach hose clamp around hasp loop through another eye bolt hooking over screw-shank locking into place then releasing handle.
Step 3: Change The Code
For security reasons, it’s important that you change your code regularly especially if someone unauthorized gained access or forgot them theirselves.
To change the combination:
- Open the lock box using the current code.
- Insert a reset tool or similarly shaped object to depress the reset button within and pull up on latch at same time until it gets all away
- Set new numbers by following same process as Steps 1 & 2 but taping firmly while spinning wheels each time would prevent from accidentally bumping digits out of alignment before their intended spots are reached.
Using a 3-digit lockbox can provide you with convenient access to your property without compromising security. By following these simple steps, you can easily set up and change your lockbox’s code – helping to keep your keys secure and accessible only to those who have permission.
Make sure that you follow these guidelines when setting up a 3-digit lock box:
- Always choose a memorable combination that is difficult for others to guess.
- Change your code regularly if someone may have discovered it or whenever you feel necessary.
- Ensure the tumblers are seated properly on combination wheel in order to avoid potential manipulation attempts by unauthorized persons
Thank you for reading our guide on mastering the 3-Digit Lock Box! We hope this has been helpful in ensuring peace of mind for both property owners and authorized guests alike.
Sure, here are three frequently asked questions with answers for “Mastering the 3-Digit Lock Box: A Step-by-Step Guide”:
Q: How do I reset the lock code on my 3-digit lock box?
A: To reset the lock code on your 3-digit lock box, you need to first open it using your existing combination. Next, locate the small button or lever near the shackle of the lock and press or pull it inwards depending on your model. While holding down this button or lever turn the dials to set a new combination of numbers that you want to use. Release the button/lever when finished setting a new combination.
Q: What should I do if I forget my current combination for my 3-digit lock box?
A: If you forget your current combination for your 3-digit lock box, don’t panic! There are still some steps that you can take before resorting to drastic measures like cutting off or breaking open your box.
Check any notes or records where you may have written down your passcode
Test common combinations such as “000”, “111”, “123” etc)
Try spinning all three dials as far as they will go in both directions until one dial is loosest – which suggests this is correct number – repeat through each number
If none of these options work and you’re locked out of our unit then consider contacting a locksmiths
Q: Can someone else easily access my belongings inside a 3-digit lockbox?
A: Technically speaking yes, but it would require significant effort without knowing what’s inside.In general,a determined person could potentially pick/break into almost any physical security measure including some types of locks.However people tend not break unless thinking there might be something valuable inside.So we recommend keeping non-valuable items inside an inconspicuous looking 3-digit lockbox out of sight to minimize the chance of someone trying to pick or break it open.