Smart homes are becoming more popular, and one of the best ways to create a seamless smart home experience is to connect your LG WebOS TV to Google Home. With this connection, you can use voice commands to control your TV and easily stream content. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to connect LG WebOS TV to Google Home.
Before You Begin
Before you begin setting up the connection between your LG WebOS TV and Google Home, make sure you have the following:
- LG WebOS TV with WebOS 4.0 or higher
- Google Home or Google Nest Mini
- Google Home app installed on your smartphone or tablet
- Google account
Follow these steps to connect your LG WebOS TV to Google Home:
- Power on your LG WebOS TV and make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home.
- Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the plus sign icon on the top left to add a new device.
- Tap “Set up device” and then choose “Have something already set up?”
- Search for “LG ThinQ” and select it.
- Log in to your LG account and then choose your TV from the list of available devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to link your LG account with your Google account.
- Once the connection is complete, Google Home will automatically discover your LG WebOS TV.
- Test the connection by asking Google Home to turn on your TV or play content on your TV.
Tips and Troubleshooting
- If you have trouble connecting your LG WebOS TV to Google Home, make sure that your TV’s firmware is up to date.
- If you have multiple LG WebOS TVs, you can connect them all to Google Home and control them using voice commands.
- If you experience any issues with the connection, try restarting both your LG WebOS TV and Google Home.
- Make sure that you have enabled the LG ThinQ skill in the Google Home app.
Connecting your LG WebOS TV to Google Home is a great way to make your home smarter and more convenient. With a simple voice command, you can turn on your TV, play your favorite show, and easily control your TV. Follow the step-by-step guide provided in this article to connect your LG WebOS TV to Google Home and enjoy a seamless smart home experience.
How can I connect my LG WebOS TV to Google Home?
Answer: To connect your LG WebOS TV to Google Home, you need to follow these simple steps:
– Open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet, and tap the “Add” button.
– Select “Set up device” and choose “Works with Google”.
– Look for “LG ThinQ” and sign in with your LG account details.
– On your TV, go to the “Home Dashboard” and select “Connections”.
– Choose “Google Assistant” and link your TV with Google Home by entering the same account details you used for the Google Home app.
– Once the connection is established, you can control your TV with voice commands via Google Home.
Can I control my LG WebOS TV with Google Assistant?
Answer: Yes, you can control your LG WebOS TV with Google Assistant after linking your TV with Google Home. Once the setup is complete, you can use voice commands to turn your TV on and off, change channels or input, adjust volume and even launch specific apps.
Can I connect multiple LG WebOS TVs to Google Home?
Answer: Yes, you can connect multiple LG WebOS TVs to Google Home by following the same steps mentioned earlier on each TV. After linking all your TVs with Google Home, you can control them individually or as a group with voice commands. However, you need to make sure each TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network and has a unique device name.