If you own both a Google Home and an Amazon device, you might wonder if you can use them together. The good news is that it is possible to connect these two devices and enjoy the best of both worlds. In this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to achieve this.
To connect your Google Home to your Amazon device, you need the following:
- A Google Home speaker or display
- An Amazon device with Alexa voice assistant (Echo Dot, Echo, etc.)
- The Google Home app installed on your mobile device
- The Alexa app installed on your mobile device
- A stable internet connection
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device and log in to your Amazon account.
- Tap the menu icon on the top-left corner and select “Skills & Games” from the list.
- Search for “Google Home” and select the “Google Home” skill from the search results.
- Tap “Enable to use” and log in to your Google account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Google account to the Alexa app.
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “Add” button, select “Set up device,” and choose “Works with Google.”
- Scroll down until you find the “Amazon Alexa” option and tap on it.
- Log in to your Amazon account and follow the on-screen instructions to link it to the Google Home app.
- Give permission to the Google Home app to access your Alexa devices.
- You’re all set! You can now use your Google Home to control your Amazon devices, and vice versa.
Connecting your Google Home to your Amazon device is easy and enables you to use the best features of both devices. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be able to enjoy a seamless experience across your smart home devices.
Sure, here are three popular FAQs for connecting Google Home to Amazon devices, along with their answers:
Can I use Google Home to control my Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Answer: Yes, you can control your Amazon Fire TV Stick using Google Home. First, make sure that your Fire TV Stick and Google Home are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then, open the Google Home app, select your device, and click on the ‘+’ icon to add a new device. Follow the on-screen instructions and select ‘Amazon’ as the device type. You should now be able to use voice commands through Google Home to control your Fire TV Stick.
Can I connect my Google Home to my Amazon Echo Dot?
Answer: No, you cannot directly connect Google Home and Amazon Echo Dot devices. They are both separate voice assistants and cannot interact with each other. However, you can use the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet to control your Google Home device.
How do I use Google Home to play music on my Amazon Echo?
Answer: To use Google Home to play music on your Amazon Echo device, you will need to connect them using Bluetooth. First, make sure that both devices are turned on and within range of each other. Then, say “Ok Google, pair my devices” and follow the on-screen instructions. Once the devices are paired, you can use voice commands through Google Home to play music on your Amazon Echo device.