Smart home technology is constantly evolving, and as it does, it’s becoming easier and more convenient to automate many of our daily tasks. One such task that many pet owners have been looking to automate is feeding their furry friends. Thanks to the Furbo dog camera, pet owners can now remotely dispense treats to their pets, but what if you could integrate this feature into your smart home system with Google Home? In this guide, we’ll take a look at how to connect your Furbo to Google Home for the ultimate pet-friendly smart home experience.
What is Furbo?
Before diving into the steps to connect Furbo to Google Home, let’s first take a closer look at what Furbo is and what it can offer pet owners.
Furbo is a smart dog camera that not only allows you to check in on your pet while you’re away, but also lets you interact with your furry friend by dispensing treats and even talking to them through the camera. Here are some of the key features that Furbo offers:
- Live HD video feed with 1080p Full HD, 4x zoom, night vision, and a 160-degree wide-angle view
- Two-way audio with barking alert notifications
- Treat dispenser with the ability to toss a treat up to 6 feet
- Smart alerts for barking, dog activity, and human intruders
- Alexa and Google Home integration (more on this later)
By integrating Furbo with Google Home, you can further enhance your pet’s experience and make sure they’re always well cared for.
Before connecting Furbo to Google Home, you’ll need to make sure that you have completed the initial setup of your Furbo device. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download the Furbo app and create an account.
- Plug in your Furbo device and wait for the status light to turn yellow.
- Connect your phone to the Furbo camera using your phone’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Open the Furbo app and follow the prompts to connect your device to Wi-Fi.
- Once connected, follow the prompts to complete the setup process.
Why Connect Furbo to Google Home?
While Furbo already offers a number of convenient features, integrating it with Google Home can allow you to control your Furbo dog camera hands-free. Here are some reasons why you might want to connect your Furbo to Google Home:
- The ability to schedule and dispense treats for your pet on a regular basis, even when you’re not at home
- Easy access to your Furbo device using voice commands
- Integration with other smart home devices and routines for added convenience
Now that we’ve covered the basics of what Furbo is and why you might want to connect it to Google Home, let’s take a look at how to do so.
How to Connect Furbo to Google Home
Connecting Furbo to Google Home is a fairly straightforward process. Follow these steps to get started:
Step 1: Set up a Google Assistant Account
Before you can connect Furbo to Google Home, you’ll need to set up a Google Assistant account. Here’s how:
- Download the Google Assistant app on your phone.
- Open the app and follow the prompts to sign in or create a new account.
- Once you’ve set up your account, you’re ready to connect your Furbo device.
Step 2: Connect Furbo to Google Home
To connect your Furbo device to Google Home, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Home app on your phone.
- Tap on the “+” icon in the top left corner to add a new device.
- Select “Set up device” and follow the prompts to add a new device.
- Select “Works with Google” and search for “Furbo” in the list of available devices.
- Sign into your Furbo account and follow the prompts to connect your device to Google Home.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your Furbo device should be connected to Google Home and you’ll be able to use voice commands to control it.
Using Google Home with Furbo
Now that you’ve connected your Furbo device to Google Home, let’s take a look at some of the things you can do with voice commands:
To dispense treats to your pet using Google Home, simply say “Hey Google, ask Furbo to dispense a treat.” Your Furbo device will then dispense a treat for your pet to enjoy.
Checking in on your Pet
To check in on your pet using Google Home, say “Hey Google, ask Furbo to show me my dog.” Your Furbo camera will then display a live video feed of your pet to your Google Home device.
Using Google Assistant routines, you can create custom commands to trigger certain actions. For example, you could create a routine that dispenses a treat for your pet every day at 3pm, or one that turns on your Furbo camera when you leave the house.
Integrating Furbo with Google Home can add a whole new level of convenience to your pet ownership experience. With easy voice control and the ability to automate treat dispensing and more, you can rest assured that your pet is always well taken care of. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you should now be able to connect your Furbo device to Google Home and start enjoying the benefits of a truly pet-friendly smart home.
Sure, here are three popular FAQs about connecting Furbo to Google Home with their answers:
Can I connect my Furbo dog camera to Google Home?
Yes, you can connect your Furbo dog camera to Google Home. All you need to do is download the Furbo app and link it to your Google Home account. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to use voice commands to control your Furbo camera, such as “Hey Google, show me the living room on Furbo.”
Why won’t Furbo connect to Google Home?
If you’re having trouble connecting your Furbo to Google Home, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that your Furbo is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home. You can also try restarting both devices and resetting your Furbo to its factory settings. If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Furbo support for further assistance.
Can I use Google Assistant with Furbo to give my dog treats?
Yes, you can use Google Assistant with Furbo to give your dog treats. Once your Furbo is connected to your Google Home, you can use voice commands to dispense treats, such as “Hey Google, ask Furbo to give my dog a treat.” You can also set up customized treat schedules and notifications using the Furbo app.